Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Love_sister Loves Plagiarism

So I received my... what? My seventh Second Life rose? Gosh, I lost count already :/ Anyways, I forgot to write about it but now I am glad I did. It was given to me by a traitor that came to me and introduced herself as a friend. Well, this friend turned out to be a thief of my work. She goes by the name of Babu Myka in Second Life. Actually she keeps changing her name and making new accounts. Now I know why! This is her last IM from her to me...

[2011/11/04 07:39] Hyrah Evon (marieles): hey lori.. im planning to change account, if u wnaa add me, go to Zaniapumpkin and can add me thanks

To tell you the truth, I have nooo idea what she goes by in SL now a day.



I do know she goes by the name of love_sister in Ameba Pico, unless she has changed that too. She has two other blogs

Pico Club and Story Telling Kingdom

In her Pico profile she claims to be an intelligent girl, however, what she's been doing says otherwise. An intelligent person wouldn't commit plagiarism. Here is some information for you love_sister...

"Plagiarism  is using someone else's work without giving proper credit."
The courts assign consequences for copyright infringement. This means someone may come after you with a lawyer if you violate his copyright. 
Taking a copyrighted work and changing it creates something called a derivative work. Since you made changes to create the derivative work, you share the copyright for it with the copyright owner of the original work. Since you don't own the entire copyright for the derivative work, you must still ask for permission before making copies of it.
Because of this, taking someone else's work and changing some of the words only creates a derivative work and does not give you full ownership of the copyright. Even if no one decides to take you to court over it, your teacher might still decide that you are guilty of plagiarism. Instead of paraphrasing someone else's paper and calling it your own, try learning from other people's work first and then 
writing your own paper from scratch. Read some of these tips for writing an essay in your own words.

Credits:http://www.plagiarismchecker.com/plagiarism-vs-copyright.php

Going back to my story, last night as I logged into Ameba Pico and decided to ring a few rooms, I came upon hers and I felt somehow curious to check her profile. There I saw the link to one of her blogs and while visiting it I discovered that she also had a Second Life Blog. As soon as I opened her SL blog, I felt a little uneasy when I saw that her blog's title was very similar to mine but at that point I didn't think much of it.




                       SL: Lori Novo Blog ----- SL: Brazy Marieles

It took me a couple of days to come up with a perfect name for my Second Life Blog and this girl probably only took a second to copy my title idea, of course, she made a few fancy changes but I wasn't fooled.

****************************************************************


Now, when I saw her Blog's Biography, that is when I knew something was not right and I could literally feel my blood boiling in anger. I continued then to read her WHOLE blog and discovered that she had also copied a lot of my work and posted it as her own. She has posted complete articles of mine and others have been changed a bit, but they are still recognizable as my writings.

Now, some of her other articles, the ones that do not belong to me, probably belong to other writers. If you own a blog, I recommend you check this girl's blogs and do not be surprised if you find some of your work being posted there as her own.

I haven't checked her other blogs yet, but I wouldn't doubt it that she has committed this shameful act of plagiarism there too.

Following are some of the articles she copied from me...



My very First Post

Friday, June 3, 2011

A New Beginning

Hello, I am Lori Novo. I am from the United States of America from the beautiful state of Texas.

I have been blogging for a while about Ameba Pico in my Pico Perfect Blog where I am known as Sweets*. My blogging journey started about a year ago whenCatero Revolution invited me to write with him in his PicoStyle blog. I enjoyed the experience with him that I soon decided to create my own Pico blog :)

I decided to begin a Second Life blog more like a personal collection of memories for myself. I have been exploring some beautiful places and meeting very wonderful people along the way that I just felt the need to start a journal with many attached photos, of course, of these very special virtual moments.

Initially I was thinking of creating this a private blog. However my daughter encouraged me to make it public and have my friends see what is going on in my Second Life. Now that I think about it, sharing it with you is a wonderful idea. I have seen many SL blogs and they are truly amazing! My dream is to one day be at least half as good as those SL bloggers. Maybe with alot of love and dedication I will ;)

Let the journey begin...

Her Very First Post

A New Beginning ...Sunday 31 July 2011


Hello I am Brazy Marieles. I am from United States of America in New York City. 

I have been blogging for many days about Ameba Pico Virtual World in Zafra Pico Club where I am known as Zafra Cawn. My blogging journey started last month when i had discovered some picos in pico world having their wonderful blogs, so i decided to have my own Pico Club too =)

I decided to make a Second Life blog more like a personal collection of memories for myself. I have been exploring some beautiful places and meeting very wonderful people along the way that I just felt the need to start a journal with many attached photos, of course, of these very special virtual moments.

Initially I was thinking of creating this a private blog but my self keep insisting to make it public so my followers in my other blog and my friends will see what is going on in my second life. Now that i think about it. Sharing it with you is a wonderful idea. 

Now.. Let the journey begin.....
**************************************************************************
Another one of my posts just different title and minor changes

Perfect Nature ... August 2, 2011

I am determined to start focusing on why I am really in Second Life for and that is to explore the many beautiful Sims Second Life has to offer. I had lost track there for a while but fortunately I got hold of the reigns again and now I am heading in the right direction. I'll start visiting again different locations and showing you the best features that I personally find special in each one of them.

Today I want to tell you about the most beautiful place in Second Life you can take your love one a picnik, Lovers Cove. Personally this is my favorite beautiful heaven. Most of the times when you see me having a hang-out there  there, I'll be alone, I am a Second Life single lady and I intend to stay that way. I really don't mind. I enjoy being with myself. Myself found this a very beautiful destination among the stars for me.


My Article
My Luminous Heaven... July 23, 2011
I am determined to start focusing on why I am really in Second Life for and that is to explore the many beautiful Sims Second Life has to offer. I had lost track there for a while but fortunately I got hold of the reigns again and now I am heading in the right direction. I'll start visiting again different locations and showing you the best features that I personally find special in each one of them.


Today I want to tell you about the most beautiful place in Second Life you can take your love one dancing, Lovers Cove. Personally this is my favorite dancing heaven. Most of the times when you see me dancing  there, I'll be dancing alone, I am a Second Life single lady and I intend to stay that way. I really don't mind. I enjoy dancing with myself. My good friend Otis found this very beautiful ballroom among the stars for me.

************************************************************************
Almost same entry from one of my posts. With some things changed here and there.

Dream Dress... August 5, 2011

The other day my good friend Mia Spellie's Girl and I went in search of the perfect dress for me to wear for a journey i'm planning to go.. She took me to the favorite stores she like in Second Life after I had told her I needed something that would fit in my style.. She knew what are my favorite colors so it's easy for her to find me one.


My Article
Rainbow Flower Dress ... August 3, 2011
The other day my good friend Poppy Ghostraven and I went in search of the perfect fairy dress for me to wear for a dance she invited me to. She took me to Vita's Boudoir which is her favorite store in Second Life after I had told her I needed something that would make everyone go "AHHHHH" when they see me. She knew what I was talking about and she new that Vita's Boudoir was the place where I would find the special dress.
**************************************************************************
Another one of my posts

Hers
Sweet Music ... Sunday 14, August, 2011

The sweetest music for the human ear to listen to, is not only the melody from an instrument,but the loving words from our love ones. Their loving words are the perfect musical notes to sooth our ears and especially to touch our hearts. How many times after  someone tells us, "You are special" or "You are wonderful", we keep playing over and over those words in our minds. We close our eyes and try to go back to those moments and replay their words, just like our favorite song.

That is why, we must be careful with the notes we use to create our melody. Make music of love that will fill someone with joy and hope. Don't use negative notes to compose your song, that will only hurt someones ears, but especially their hearts.

Let's walk in the world composing only sweet music <333
___________________________________________________________________________

MINE
Sweet Music ...June 6, 2011
The sweetest music for the human ear to listen to, is not only the melody from an instrument, but the loving words from our loved ones. Their loving words are the perfect musical notes to sooth our ears and especially to touch our hearts. How many times after someone tells us, "I love you" or "You are wonderful!", we keep playing over and over those words in our minds. We close our eyes and try to go back to those moments and replay their words, just like our favorite song.

That is why, we must be careful with the notes we use to create our melody. Make music of love that will fill someone with joy and hope. Don't use negative notes to compose your song, that will only hurt someones ears, but especially their hearts.

Let's walk in the world composing only sweet music <333

7 comments:

  1. ╰☆╮ туяα ╰☆╮November 15, 2011 at 10:38 PM

    i think she also copied the blog picoholic in the past. it's possible she just has trouble coming up with her own ideas. she might not even know she's copying. i've came across people like that :l some girl even copied and pasted my name as her pico name o-o anyways, remember we'll always know that you wrote these awesome posts. if she keeps copying there will like thousands of people supporting you.thousands of people who will ALWAYS love your posts.thousands who are fans and i'm one of them. she'll never get away with it sweets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm, copying 10000000% I'm gonna visit her on pico. Don't worry Lori, everyone knows your the owner of the best blogs around! <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not report her for copyright infringement. Didn't you do that in the past?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tyra and Gaby...love you girls.

    Dear anonymous, I did. I learned from Catero how to protect myself and not put up with people like this...thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1+1= 11
    <3 + <3 = Couple
    <3 + <3 + :) = Friendship

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. What a loser. She really needs to get a life and some talent. D:

    ReplyDelete