Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pico Maintenance Syndrome



Written by: ROM-eo™

Yes, at some point we have all have gone through it ... at least once. You do know what I am talking about right? Ameba Pico Maintenance. These maintenance schedules drive us crazy, but they must be done.

There are pros and cons (good and bad aspects) for maintenance. For example ...
Pro: Maintenance procedures bring new events and or better improvements to Pico.
Con: Pico users have to wait for 2 hours or more WITHOUT PICO ... and who wants to be without Pico?
What are we suppose to do for that period of time? How are we supposed to go on without being able to play Pico? How do we survive these horrible maintenance schedules?

All will be told shortly.

Symptoms of Pico Maintenance Syndrome:
  • Anxiety
  • Constant refreshing your browser
  • Feeling a sense of emptiness
  • Confusion
  • Aggression
  • Depression


Maintenance can last from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Within that period of time you could be doing something productive. Just because maintenance is scheduled doesn't mean you have to sit around and wait for Pico to be back up. There are other things that you could do while maintenance is occurring. For example: read a book, do homework, browse other websites, play Ameba Pigg, take a nap, watch television or a movie, or enjoy the outdoors.

Overall, it’s nice to get fresh air once in a while and it will make you feel better.

What are you doing right now? You are reading this post on this wonderful blog. While maintenance is going on you can catch up on the latest articles brought to you by Pico Perfect. That's what I would do.



I often go to the Pico’s Facebook page and look up others reactions to the maintenance that users like you and I comment on the wall. That could possibly amuse you. It amuses me.

Youtube is sometimes the answers to all of our problems, so it could be the answer to your Ameba Pico maintenance blues (look up Rebecca Black Friday ... lol!).

Yes, there are many things that you could do while there is Pico maintenance scheduling.

I conducted a  recent survey, asking others to share their reactions and feelings about Pico maintenance. Here are the results:

♡michalena♡
(07:47) ROM-eo™: What do you do while maintenance is occurring?
(07:48) ♡michalena♡ : yell at my laptop...JK
(07:48) ROM-eo™: lol
(07:48) ♡michalena♡ : umm nothing really
(07:48) ♡michalena♡ : i hate when it takes forever

κιιт♥´`·.·´`♥
(08:12) ROM-eo™: What do you do when you experience a lag or error?
(08:13) κιιт♥´`·.·´`♥ : Well, first, I get angry and then I do something else
(08:13) κιιт♥´`·.·´`♥ : ._.
(08:13) ROM-eo™: What do you do besides wait while maintenance is occurring?
(08:13) κιιт♥´`·.·´`♥ : I read a book or I go on some website
(08:13) κιιт♥´`·.·´`♥ : Or I talk to my friends on Facebook

Ðaяk Ðяεam๖ۣۜ♥
(06:20) ROM-eo™: Hi, and thank you for participating in this brief survey.
(06:20) Ðaяk Ðяεam๖ۣۜ♥: hello
(06:21) ROM-eo™: How do you feel towards pico maintenance?
(06:21) Ðaяk Ðяεam๖ۣۜ♥: I think it is annoying but necessary
(06:21) ROM-eo™: Do you ever get angry towards it?
(06:21) Ðaяk Ðяεam๖ۣۜ♥: sometimes yes
(06:21) ROM-eo™: What do you do when you experience a lag or error?
(06:22) Ðaяk Ðяεam๖ۣۜ♥: lol
(06:22) Ðaяk Ðяεam๖ۣۜ♥: I refresh
(06:22) ROM-eo™: Smart.
(06:22) ROM-eo™: How do you feel towards Pico errors?
(06:22) Ðaяk Ðяεam๖ۣۜ♥: annoyed they are inconvenient
(06:22) ROM-eo™: Lastly, What do you do while maintenance is occurring?
(06:23) Ðaяk Ðяεam๖ۣۜ♥: lol Iog off and read a book
(06:23) Ðaяk Ðяεam๖ۣۜ♥: other games are not worth playing
(06:23) ROM-eo™: True.

Sєxqυιѕιтє
(06:54) ROM-eo™: How do you feel towards pico maintenance?
(06:54) Sєxqυιѕιтє: Ah. I feel that it is nessasasiry at times.
(06:54) Sєxqυιѕιтє: Sorry, I can't spell.
(06:54) Sєxqυιѕιтє: But…
(06:54) Sєxqυιѕιтє: ..note us before-hand
(06:54) ROM-eo™: Do you ever get angry towards it?
(06:55) Sєxqυιѕιтє: To be honest, yes. But once I get used to this.
(06:55) Sєxqυιѕιтє: I find it meaningfull.
(06:55) ROM-eo™: What do you do when you experience a lag or error?
(06:55) Sєxqυιѕιтє: There's always Pigg to back-up the spare time.
(06:56) ROM-eo™: Lastly, What do you do while maintenance is occurring?
(06:56) Sєxqυιѕιтє: I'll just tumblr and tweet. That's what I'll do.
(06:56) ROM-eo™: I tumblr too! ^.^
(06:56) Sєxqυιѕιтє: I can see that.
(06:57) ROM-eo™: Thanks, for your participation
(06:57) Sєxqυιѕιтє: De rien.
(06:57) Sєxqυιѕιтє: ;D

Ren?
07:57) ROM-eo™: How do you feel towards pico maintenance?
(07:57) Ren?: I feel like I have no life if Pico is down.
(07:57) ROM-eo™: Do you ever get angry/upset towards it?
(07:57) Ren?: Not really. Just empty.
(07:58) ROM-eo™: =[
(07:58) Ren?: Because I know they are improving Pico.
(07:58) ROM-eo™: What do you do while maintenance is occurring?
(07:58) Ren?: I don't really do much. I just .. sit there.
(07:58) Ren?: And keep refreshing.

Don’t look at maintenance as a hassle or inconvenience, think on the brighter side. Just last week we had maintenance and look what good came out of that: A brand new area, France!

If you haven’t checked France out you really should and be sure to stay for the fashion show.

All-in-all, we need to gain patience. Although Pico may be down for a brief time it will not be down forever.

I hope this helps you get through maintenance in the future.



P.S. Pico is lagging write now as I write this post. It has been on the loading page for 15 minutes. Time for a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment