Monday, November 22, 2010

sweet_mom's
PICKS FOR THE WEEK

MOVIE OF THE WEEK:  Toy Story 3


I bought my kids the TOY STORY 3 DVD this weekend. This is a WONDERFUL movie to watch with your family. We saw it twice in a row and both times I cried.

It makes us parents realize that our children do grow up so fast, that eventually they will leave the home some day. So we as parents should cherish all the things our kids do now because the day will come when ALL those little things will become the MOST WONDERFUL memories they will leave us. Let us as parents be patient with our children.

I tell my kids every single day how much I love them and how proud they make me. My kids won't leave the house until I give them their blessing. Actually we bless each other before we leave our home everyday :)

Also this beautiful movie teaches us about friendship and how each friend plays a major roll in our lives. How trust and love among friends can be a GREAT BLESSING. How true friendship can overcome ANY obstacle.

And finally how those materialistic things we have no use for anymore can bring great happiness to others. Please donate all your castaways to organizations that will benefit the needy.



This great DVD includes a theatrical short called "Day & Night" that you can't miss watching. I recommend you see it before you watch the movie. You will be amazed by such a sweet creation. There are NO WORDS spoken in this short film, but the images are enough to make you go AWWW... you will looove it!

SONG OF THE WEEK:  IMAGINE by John Lennon


IMAGINE by John Lennon

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as on


I have MANY favorite songs, but there are two songs that I personally consider THE BEST SONGS ever for me. IMAGINE is one of them. The message is of  PEACE and LOVE... just IMAGINE how our world would be if we could all learn to share and live in peace with each other

(Next week i will give you my second favorite song)

CHARITY ORGANIZATION OF THE WEEK:  St. Jude Children's Hospital


PLEASE DONATE  to St. Jude Children's Hospital

FINDING CURES. SAVING CHILDREN


Mission

"The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay."

If you have a healthy child.... give thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment